One of the best secrets of getting happy customers who rave about your hotel is setting the right customer expectations.
If your guests start off with the wrong expectation, they’ll end up feeling disappointed, or even cheated on. And when this happens, you’ll end up with lowered customer loyalty, negative reviews, and lower revenues.
However, there’re hotels across the world that can amaze their guests beyond the customer’s expectations. Some will even come up with creative and unique guest engagement ideas such as renting you a fish to keep you company, installing unique lighting and shower system, and cleaning those spots nobody cares to clean.
These 16 hotels are so cool and unique that their guests were pleased to share what they saw and experienced during their stay.
1. “At my hotel you don’t need to go into the shower to turn it on.”
2. “The hotel I stayed at had fresh remotes.”
3. “What are you gonna say now, 5-star hotels?”
4. “The bedside lamp at my hotel in Japan can be half-lit.”
5. “The TV in our hotel room has easily accessible HDMI and USB sockets.”
6. “The hotel I’m staying at has a separate towel to take off makeup.”
7. “I found a Stargate in my hotel.”
8. “My hotel in Zürich provides rubber duckies along with tiny shampoos.”
9. “My hotel room has a rope that turns on and off all the lights in the room.”
10. “My hotel has a free cellphone you can take with you around town during your stay.”
11. This hotel checklist reminds you to steal the toiletries.
12. “The hotel I’m staying at in Brazil has a remote that comes with an immediate soccer-watching button.”
13. “This little sign under the bed in my hotel room lets you know that they’ve cleaned under there too.”
14. “This robot delivered a roll of toilet paper to my hotel room in Cupertino.”
15. “This hotel has an elevator button in the hallway so there is an elevator waiting for you by time you get there.”
16. This hotel in Europe offers to rent a pet fish to single travelers.