‘As I got closer to lift it off the spoon, I saw eyes’— Alabama mother of three got a gross surprise when serving her kids some green beans for dinner recently.
What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever found in your food? If it’s not a decapitated reptile, chances are your days is way better than that of this Alabama mom who recently found a snake head inside a can of green beans.
Speaking to Dearly, Michelle Bentley said that she and her 7-year-old daughter were snacking on some green beans as they waited for other dinner meals to finish cooking.
“The beans were done cooking, and as usual my 7-year-old and me would walk by and steal a bean off the top, blow it to cool and eat it. We LOVE the seasoning.”
The mom said that they both consumed “a handful each” before serving up the beans onto her children’s plates.
That’s when she noticed a snake’s head that had somehow ended up inside the can of beans.
“When I spooned it out, I seen the snake head on the spoon. I screamed, my 2 girls were in the kitchen and seen it and screamed. My 7-year-old who ate the beans started getting upset because she knew me and her ate it and she was scared she was going to get sick.”
Bentley waited until she was calm and then contacted the manufacturer using the number on the back of the can. But it seems the brand didn’t take any serious.
She said the person (she) who answered the call “wasn’t shocked” after explaining what she found in the canned green beans. Instead, the person offered her two vouchers for more green beans.
But at that point, Bentley said she had lost her taste for the vegetable. So, she took photos of the snake and shared them in a now-deleted Facebook post as a warning to other shoppers.
Bentley told Dearly:
“I just felt like I needed to warn other people, not to ruin their reputation and business, but it’s something people should be aware of.”
If you find something in your food that shouldn’t be there, you should immediately contact the food manufacturer and let them know there is a problem.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), you can also report “foreign objects” found in food to health agencies.
And if damages caused are by these foreign objects, you can sue the manufacturer for compensation.